Every Christmas we have a special brunch which is prepared the day before to bake on Christmas morning while we open our presents. No one is much interested in food before then anyway and we look forward to this really nice meal. My children love it.
Two days ahead of time I make french bread for the Strata (which is an egg and sausage casserole)so that we have home made “day old” bread, if that makes any sense. We’ve discovered it’s best this way, maybe because I never buy fancy bread. We also served a fresh fruit bowl, and a choice of orange juice or cranberry.
These are my special homemade cinnamon buns which come out on occasion for a birthday breakfast upon request but always for Christmas brunch. We make the glaze green and decorate with Christmas sprinkles for this occasion, just to be cute. They are the best cinnamon buns EVER!
Everyone gets a mug of real hot chocolate which even Nathan loves. Usually I drink the sugar free hot chocolate so this is a special treat. With whipped cream it is positively addictive!
Spooky got a drink of kitty milk from his stocking which he loved. He couldn’t be left out.
Then he went to snooze in his new tent which he and Sandy think is marvelous when playing hide, seek and tackle.
After cleaning up and having some relaxing time; peeking in stockings and some naps for the younger children we eventually got dressed to go and have Christmas dinner with Rick’s family at his Mom and Dad’s house. It was a fun and wonderful day.
















I was so excited to read your Christmas letter and see that you have a blog! Yay! Your kids are so darling and growing up so fast. Kaitlyn looks so much like I remember Lindsay at that age. We sure miss you guys. Abbey was so excited to see pictures of Lindsay.
ReplyDelete