I received "kudos" from Tristan's classroom teacher for giving the zoo a peice of my mind which she had also done and was encouraging other parents to do also. The zoo also got a phone call from the school administration over this. One person CAN make a difference.
On Thursday afternoon I received a "sort of" apology from the zoo saying that obviously I should have been allowed into the zoo after a long explanation of their policy. "Todd" stated that he will go over this policy and more explicite questioning procedures with his staff at roll call and offered to refund me my ticket money.
I wrote back and told him that a clear "tip off" that I was not going through group sales was the stroller that I was pushing since the school's policy states that I cannot officially chaperone with younger siblings. I let him know that I had no need of a refund since I do not carry that kind of money on me to the zoo (one more thing to keep track of and actually I never carry more than a couple dollars) and had to, instead, take three disappointed children home.
I then turned around and e-mailed Tristan's teacher about the offered refund with "Todd Miller's" name so she could forward it to all the other parents who actually payed to get in even though they too were pushing strollers while holding membership cards. When I spoke to her on the phone yesterday "good for you", she said, for giving it to them and she did pass the information on to all the other affected parents.
... Todd's gonna just love me, I'm sure!
One thing about me... don't get between me and my dollar. I know how hard those are to come by and I never met an earned one I could easily part with. I went into the court room a year and a half ago and put up a stinking good fight over a $100 moving traffic violation ticket I received and I won! Don't get between me and my money. I may be a "plain Jane" and "just" a stay at home Mom and I may not hold a paying job but I am well educated, I work hard and I am not to be trifled with. I know how to put up a fight! I should have gone into law. I am wiser for this experience.
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















You would make one heckuva lawyer, Heather. Rock on!
ReplyDelete