A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Dinner & Games

Sunday afternoon my youngest sister called and invited us to her house for dinner that evening.  I actually didn’t get too many pictures.  I guess I was busy with other things.  I do remember that dinner was delicious.  My sister is such a good cook and her fresh picked blueberries were amazing.  The company was good too.  The little guys learned tricks from each other and even put heads together to come up with some new ideas for getting into trouble while the older members of the group had a fun time playing a “getting to know you” game.  It seems there are still plenty of things to learn about each other even though we’re all related. 

Unfiled 474Unfiled 477

We ate ice cream outside while we played our game in Rachael’s beautiful tree lined backyard.  Nathan, who has never had anything to do with his own Johnny-Jump-Up begged and begged to get into Porters.  Since he is only 25 lbs. I gave in and stuck him in there and the novelty lasted a few minutes giving me a break as it slowed him down a little.  He had a great time jumping and swinging in it but he sure looked silly being so big in it.

Unfiled 475Unfiled 476

Porter took advantage of the opportunity to joyfully climb all over his Daddy who was on the ground taking pictures.  And Haley decided to give me a goofy face at the last second when I went to snap a picture of the other end of our outdoor circle.  We spent a fun Sunday evening visiting with family.  It would be nice if we could spend more Sunday evenings like this.  There is a cute house right across the street from Rachael’s that looks like my house “on steroids” that I wouldn’t mind living in too much.  Imagine the fun we could have!

1 comment:

  1. Funny picture of Haley. Thanks for taking us up on our offer and coming over. We had a lot of fun with you here.

    ReplyDelete