A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Recipe for a Snow Day

How do these things relate???

DSCN7588

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tristan came home last Wednesday with a very interesting recipe.  He said there would be a snow day if we did the following:

*Sleep with your pajamas inside out

*Sleep with a serving spoon under your pillow

*Put your favorite toy in bed to sleep with

*At midnight (or right before bed) flush 3 ice cubes down the toilet

Would this work?  The girls hoped so but were skeptical.  Rick was secretly hopeful. 

DSCN7569

DSCN7570

DSCN7571

Tristan’s recipe resulted in the next TWO days being snow days when 3 – 5 inches fell across the area.  Can you still see blades of grass?  I think so.  Are we wimpy?  Possibly!

But we won’t argue too much till we get beyond our limit of 5 days.  As a side note, it stayed below freezing for so long that the snow actually stuck around for a week!  It was a frozen sparkly snow that I have seldom seen here.  Then the cold spell snapped bringing a January thaw and the yard is now one big mud pie as Saturday’s laundry can attest.  We spent yesterday out raking our leaves all afternoon.  Yes LEAVES!  Rick is so terrible busy in the autumn that January and February leaf raking has become our tradition, much to our neighbors dismay, I’m sure.  Ironically Rick was at work all day yesterday as well as two other Saturdays this month.  I made sure to get him involved, however, by creating my leaf pile in the middle of the driveway so it would grab his attention.  I will say that today the yard looks…better.  Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful and I’m sending my kids out with our rakes and my neighbors rakes (we need to invest in a couple more of these ourselves) to continue the process and get some fresh air.  We might get the leaves raked in time for the flowers to begin coming up next month.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so cool! I'm going to make Uncle John do all of these things and see if it works for us!

    Love, Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no excuse.... When you own a 4 wheel drive and they know it, they expect you in. All I can ever hope for is a State of Emergency, in which case they would still expect me to come in but I can then refuse because insurance will not cover you if you have an accident during a State of Emergency! (And I know that they would never step up to cover me!! Hee Hee)

    ReplyDelete