Sunday’s weather was perfect to have for Easter. It was a beautiful morning when the kids woke up a little before 8 a.m. to see if the Easter Bunny had been to our house.
Yes! He had been to our house to hide eggs and to leave 7 baskets of goodies on the piano in our living room.
Nathan found a large and beautiful bunny in his very first Easter basket along with a couple of board books and a new blue sun hat.
Sandy was one of the first to find an egg and she attacked it! For some reason she really loved that there were 26 eggs hiding everywhere she looked in the room. I’ve never seen a cat react to Easter eggs like this in all my years of having cats in the family.
Nathan cracked and even “mushed” a few eggs that he found. We ate those first.
Nathan tried to eat an egg he found, shell and all. I was really glad that his lips and tongue did not remain blue for the rest of the day! They were pretty bright for a little while.
We had a breakfast of Easter eggs; both the regular and the chocolate variety. Milk was the beverage of choice.
Each year we take a picture of the children by our Easter Egg tree, a baby Eastern Redbud (still baby because it keeps getting snapped in half by strong winds) which is just now starting to green up. The picture this year took some strategy in order to avoid photographing the ornamental “for sale” sign in the yard along with the children. The children are fed, dressed and ready to head to General Conference for the noon session. They are armed with notebooks and pencils so they can take notes on the speakers and their messages. Boring??? My kids don’t think so. These notes will be used for “Conference Quiz Night” which we have on the Family Home Evening after conference twice a year. The kids get a lot more out of conference with this and really enjoy earning points and trying to stump the rest of the family with details they’ve written down. They all agree that two hours of General Conference is much more interesting than the usual one hour of Sacrament Meeting. This statement and mutual agreement surprised Rick and me. I never much cared for two hours of General Conference when I was growing up but I have to admit that listening carefully and sharing what was learned in a quiz game makes it quite a bit more interesting for me even now as an adult. Many people who were at the building for the broadcast left their kids at home. Our kids were very well behaved and several people gave them compliments on sitting well for so long. I did take Nathan out at one point. We went in search of pictures of Jesus out in the hallways and Nathan smiled and waved each time he saw Jesus.
Nathan looks handsome in his new little sweater vest, white shirt and pants.
At Rick’s Mom’s and Dad’s house we had a picnic dinner and the children enjoyed bubbles outdoors.
They stayed pretty clean. Tristan always has a hard time staying tucked in even if he’s sitting as still as he possibly can.
We enjoyed our church meetings, remembering our Savior’s gift to all of us. And we enjoyed our company at dinner on a beautiful day.
















Happy Easter! The family picture looks very cute. Good job avoiding the sale sign!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy Conference, but I think that started more as I got older. I know dad is pretty firm in his belief that conference is not meant for children, but Isaac and I firmly disagree with him on that one. We already have games that I have made. I've had Greg come with me to watch it before and I gave him things to look and listen for. That worked great for him. And he ended up with some pretty good questions. The funniest was when he asked mom "I thought bars were a bad thing, so why do they keep talking about bars?" It was when they were talking about how they had "raised the bar" for missionaries.
I'm feeling a little bad that I did not do an Easter basket for Porter. I even was worrying about it one night last week and asked Isaac what you do for a baby's first Easter since this is his first big holiday. I considered getting him a bunny and a book. But we actually already have an Easter book and several bunnies from Grammy that he just recently received. We did discuss what Easter traditions we want for our family, so maybe now we'll be a little more prepared for next year.