While I admittedly have patches of grass missing in strategic spots in the yard, such as under the swing set, it is turning a beautiful technicolor green with the mix of rain and warm sunny days. Rick won’t be too pleased when it comes time to mow soon. Wednesday we enjoyed a neighborhood walk to see all of the flowering trees at their peak. Many look like huge cones of cotton candy or perhaps like popcorn is growing on them and in the warm breeze it appears that it might be snowing all over again. Only we’re far from wearing coats. By 10:30 a.m. it was as hot as I ever like it to be. We couldn’t have quiet time after lunch without first spending some time in the yard enjoying the day.
My favorite childhood poem called “The Swing” by Robert Louis Stevenson comes to mind. Too bad my surroundings don’t match what my imagination conjured up when I read that wonderful poem as a child. Yet home is a wonderful place and to swing is always a wonderful thing wherever you are. My children love this activity.
















No comments:
Post a Comment