A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Monday, April 5, 2010

Some “bunny” Thinks Your Special!

DSCN8418 DSCN8419

DSCN8416

 

DSCN8420

We love making these cute bunny cookies at Easter time.  I make a simple butter cookie recipe and divide it into three unequal balls of dough, coloring one a desired shade of pink.  Then I make 2 logs, one for faces and another bi-colored log for ears and freeze them for about ten minutes.  It doesn’t take long since they are very buttery.  Then I slice into circles and pinch the pink and white ones into ears.  The cookies are placed close together on the cookie sheet so that they bake together.  When they are cool we use writing icing to make faces and embellish with mini chocolate chips for eyes.  I have also used melted chocolate to paint little faces and colorful mini M&Ms for eyes in the recent past.  They were fun to make and teachers love receiving these with a special note attached.  They are very tasty to eat, as well.

 

DSCN8411

We also made birds nests (rice crispy treats dyed green and molded in muffin tins).  Kaitlyn HAD to have pastel colored marshmallows when she saw them at the store a few weeks ago.  Usually she helps to choose fruits & veggies she would like to eat but I let her have this one indulgence as we traveled down the baking isle.  She doesn’t ask for things like that very often.  I think they just looked pretty to her because she sure didn’t want to eat them, as it turned out!  Anyway, some of the remainder made great little birdie eggs here.

DSCN8412

 

 

 

 

 

 

And of course we had to supply the Easter Bunny with dyed eggs.  The kitchen was hopping with activity all day on Saturday.  Very Busy!  VERY MESSY!  But it all cleans up.  And we had FUN!

DSCN8427

DSCN8428

Some of my country bunnies look to have a Japanese influence somehow! 

DSCN8429

 

 

Kaitlyn thought these cookies were so delicious and she tried to sneak a second one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment