A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Little Sandy

Sandy went back to the SPCA to spend a day in their Spay clinic.  Innocently she walked right into the carrier early yesterday morning.  I felt a little sad, I must admit.

DSCN8609   DSCN8610

Tristan, after asking several questions, wondered why we wouldn’t want Sandy to have babies.  Sandy is his little buddy and he pleaded her case saying that she is beautiful and after all, kittens are fun!  I reminded him, as well as myself, of the grim statistics. 

DSCN8614

I picked up Sandy at dinner time yesterday after my other two pick ups at Fairview and SCPA for the kids.  Sandy was still under the effects of sedation and was rather groggy as well as grouchy.  The tiny little          un-windowed clinic smelled of something un-namable… mingled with the heavy scent of bleach and I could hear dogs from somewhere behind a fence barking… and hoping, as soon as I shut the car door.  What a place!  I would take more animals home if I could. 

 

Today, Sandy is taking it easy and napping on my bed after a good breakfast which included her favorite: Whiska’s Cat Milk.  She is sooooo happy to be home again.  We love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment