A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

RMSC 7/16/10

DSCN9739

Right after lunch we went to the Science Museum with the kids.  The fun started outside of the museum as the kids “whispered” to each other… or NOT!  I’m afraid we weren’t very quiet about the whole thing, which my Dad politely pointed out to the children.  Lindsay and Greg are on the far side while Haley, Kaitlyn and Tristan are at this end.

DSCN9740

DSCN9741

On our way in I had Lindsay pose by one of the many painted horses that Rochester has around.

DSCN9742

Nathan and I could have watched the balls on this track for an eternity.  It was a really neat display.

DSCN9743

Kaitlyn worked hard building a robot.

DSCN9745 DSCN9747

DSCN9750 DSCN9751

The kids all had a try at pulling their own weight using different pulley systems.  Which one was easier?  And why?

DSCN9752 DSCN9765

DSCN9756 DSCN9758

Kaitlyn enjoyed the sand and learned about erosion.  She was patient with the big kid next to her several times over until she realized he was going to continue to demolish what she was doing on purpose.  Then she spoke up to him with a very loud “Excuse Me, I said”!  And she gave him a piece of her mind about the situation which got his attention.  He left her alone after that… but she was very polite about it all.  Hey!  A girl’s gotta stick up for herself!

DSCN9759 DSCN9760

My older girls tried the rock climbing wall.

DSCN9761 DSCN9755

Kaitlyn loved climbing this while four older children went in a simulated submarine ride through Lake Ontario over and over and over again.

DSCN9762 DSCN9763

At some point, Tristan escaped with his Dad and little brother to check out the robotic Lego display upstairs and have some fun with it.

Image039 Image043

Image042 Image040

Nathan was intrigued with some giant gears he found.

Image044 Image045

Image046 Image047

Tristan had never seen so many K’Nex in his LIFE!  His Kindergarten teacher eventually had to give up and put their classroom set away because of him a couple of years ago.  He had a great time using his imagination to build with them and he does come up with some pretty good creations.

Image048 Image049

Image051 Image050

 DSCN9768 DSCN9771

Balls, balls and more balls.  You could do all kinds of ball activities in this upstairs room as you learned about gravity.

DSCN9770 DSCN9772

DSCN9773

Nathan had quite the view from this high up overlook inside of the museum.

DSCN9776 DSCN9781

When the museum closed we went out to the gardens to have a look around.

DSCN9778 DSCN9779

The older kids loved the mazes that the bushes formed and had a great time playing hide and seek as well as tag.    Some of the smaller children could even fit between bushes giving them an unfair advantage in their games. 

DSCN9780 DSCN9782

DSCN9783DSCN9785

There were some beautiful plants growing that I tried to capture.

 DSCN9784 DSCN9788

I love the freedom and beauty of summertime.

  DSCN9787

1 comment:

  1. I love the Kaitlyn stood up for herself!! I am so proud of her!

    ReplyDelete