A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Monday, October 24, 2011

Caramel Apples

Friday night I washed and dried some of the sweet tart apples I had in the fruit drawer.  The kids helped unwrap the caramels to melt in the double boiler while we ate pizza and watched our movie.  Holding the apple by the stick we then coated the apples in melted caramel.  They cooled on contact as they hit the air of our evening cooled kitchen.  I think nuts would be fun to add to these but my kids do not agree.  And I wasn’t about ready to make that much more mess just for my benefit.  But I did then melt some milk chocolate, spooned it into a ziploc and snipped off the corner to pipe or drizzle it onto the apple.  White chocolate would work nicely too but I’m more of a chocolatey chocolate person… the darker the better.  Then I sprinkled cinnamon over the top and they were ready to eat.  

DSCN3638

A fun, easy autumn dessert!

DSCN3640

Nathan thought it was the worlds largest lollipop… he was impressed Smile while Lindsay remained disappointed because she cannot eat caramel with braces.Sad smile

1 comment: