A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tote Bag Addendum

That darn tote bag disturbed my sleep last night... I couldn't get over the fact that it looked too saggy baggy to me and I needed to fix it somehow.  So in my dreams last night I was told that I forgot to put a second line of stitches around the top of the bag, which I had actually planned on doing and had forgotten in my haste to see how the thing looked.  But this was to my advantage because I needed to pull out all of those stitches to separate the reversible bag again.  I needed to hide thin elastic in the sides, the stretched out length being the same length of the triangle at the base.  While I had everything pulled apart I should move the handles closer together measuring from the center of the bag rather than the sides.  Then I could double stitch around the top and things would work great and look great!

So... that's what I just got done doing and guess what?  It looks great and I am very happy with it now.  Dreams can be so helpful.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather! Here is a quote attributed to John Steinbeck that I think you will appreciate: "It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the Committee of Sleep has worked on it."

    Your tote bag is really cute and I like your color choices.

    xoxo aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete