A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Sunday, October 16, 2011

School Spirit Week

My older girls had a good time with dressing for School Spirit Week last week.  Lindsay tended to be a little more conservative, my younger children tried to join in a few times and my girls showed they each have a good head on their shoulders when they declined to do “Cross-Dresser” day and came up with another plan to do “backwards day” with each other and their friends before I would need to give them the evil eye about it.  I remember when Pajama Day was an eye brow lifter!!!  I didn’t get pictures each day but I did get a couple of the days the kids had the most fun with it.

DSCN3551DSCN3552DSCN3553

“Wacky Tacky” day when Haley really mixed up the brightest colors in her closet, Tristan invented some Lego thing first thing in the morning to make his hair “wacky tacky” in hopes I’d let him participate without attending the same school and all three girls somehow pulled out their only orange shirts all on the same day to wear without planning or having seen anyone else in an orange shirt!

DSCN3567

I found an attempted stow-away lying very still disguising himself as a cello hoping to make it out the door and into the school for a day of excitement.

DSCN3569DSCN3568DSCN3570

Here we have 70’s, 80’s and 90’s day… I think my girls mixed them up a little bit but they had fun.  Haley sported brightly multi-colored plastic bracelets as well as the socks pulled over the tapered jeans and slouched.  I did agree to let both girls out the door in blue/purple eye shadow as part of their “costume”.  Lindsay got a whole bunch of eye shadow as a prize at a birthday party last spring.  Haley had to beg some off of her.  Haley had to keep her hair and makeup toned down a bit since she had to leave school in the middle of the day to do a black dress and heels performance for somebody important downtown or I know she’d have done more. 

Other spirit days included class colors, twins day and then the afore mentioned switched backwards day.    Homecoming was at the end of the week… I put up a bit of a fight with my oldest about attending it.  Most of her friends were going with a date and she is not old enough for that yet plus there was the expense of it.  She could not find a way around either argument since she didn’t have the money nor did she want to feel out of place being “alone”.  Instead we planned on a family outing… one of the only times we had all month to do this particular Halloween activity as a family but in the end she ended up at home while we visited the emergency room… different story altogether!  

1 comment:

  1. Very cute and funny, guys!!! very creative, Tristan!!! Looks like everyone is very energetic and creative bright and early in the morning! mind sharing some of that with your Grammy???:)

    ReplyDelete