A couple times a week I like to sneak downstairs for a little while in the afternoons when the house is mostly quiet and work creatively. Sometimes Kaitlyn joins me and we work on being creative together across the table from each other. Sometimes we talk and sometimes we just share looking at each others work. A few weeks back I was able to pick up these fun fabric remnants for very little money… pennies really! It was a time to stock up and think outside the box… so I thought in circles instead. I got ideas from several sources and then sort of did my own thing making a reversible tote bag. It took me a little over an hour to make this bag and I would have been done a lot sooner if I could have figured out the triangle fold thing for the base of the bag sooner than I did! Spatial relations have never been one of my strengths but I got it in the end. I have always liked pink and green together as long as I can remember and right now I really like brown, too. These fabrics seem fun, sort of retro and their circles brought them together in my mind.
I wondered if maybe I should have stitched the bag using the narrower end as the top opening but then I think the bag would be too deep to “tote” things in. I think the bag looks sort of droopy without being filled but this puppy has a base large enough to cart two gallon jugs of milk (I tested it)… or a whole lot of books!!! I love both items. In the end, I decided that the bag does look good slung over the shoulder and will probably look even better filled. I’m going to the library tomorrow! (I was going anyway).
















Tote bags are my go-to teacher gift. They love them everytime.
ReplyDelete