A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Spooky Goes to School!

In the midst of a week of Orchestra Concerts, Vocal Concerts and German-American performances for the older kids, my younger children had a little excitement of their own.  Kaitlyn and Nathan got to visit Joy School (Christian based cooperative home preschool is a good description) with our cat “Spooky”.  The kids were learning about the joy of pets/animals, I believe.  So we volunteered to bring Spooky over for a little while so the kids could meet him.  Spooky meowed and cried for most of the car ride on the way to drop kids off at school because the only place he’s been to after a car ride isn’t usually a pleasant experience for him.

DSCN3509

Spooky is a great cat at 16 months of age and is really good with children, however he is an indoor cat so being outside made him a little bit nervous.  He didn’t even want any treats and he never turns his nose away from food.  But the kids got to meet him and pet him and learn a little bit about him.  It was a little challenging to take photos of a cat who wanted to be in the bushes while holding onto his leash and making sure Nathan stayed safely nearby.

DSCN3507

When I brought Spooky home he climbed out of his carrier and flopped down on the floor and sprawled flat like the morning had been the most harrowing experience ever!  Secretly I think he was glad it didn’t end at the vet.  Scruffles was very glad to see him back at home again… the two are still inseparable.

2 comments:

  1. Spooky had quite the adventure, didn't he? if only he could tell you what he really thought of all that.

    all of yor canning looks yummy - I'd like a jar of everything please!!

    Xoxo
    Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Barb!!! Welcome home to Spooky! What an adventure! sounds like one he probably doesn't want to repeat too soon!!! And I'll also take one jar of everything!!! YUMMMM!!! or better yet, why don't I just stop by for a meal or two??? Your house is starting to sound close after Rachael and Isaac's, which is now close to 2700 miles away!!! And to think I thought 10 miles was too far!!!

    ReplyDelete