A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Friday, June 17, 2011

Dear Sears Home Services:

On Saturday last week, I scheduled an appointment to have my Kenmore washer repaired on Monday between 1-5. I got an autocall around 4 telling me that the repairman was running late and might arrive after 5. An hour later, a customer service associate called to reschedule since the job that the technician was on was "bigger than expected." We set an appointment for Wednesday between 1-5, the next available time.
On Wednesday, we got a call around 3 from the technician saying that he would arrive in 30-60 minutes. 60 minutes later he called to cancel, citing traffic issues. He told us that Thursday he was off and that he could work us in Friday morning.
(THIS IS ALMOST A WEEK AFTER I CONTACTED SEARS FOR AN APPOINTMENT!)
I called Sears Home Services to complain and see if a discount could be applied for the inconveniences. I was told that that was not possible. Furthermore, the associate offered, as an option, that I could sign up for extending my expired warranty for over $200 - more than the cost of the repair visit w/o parts!
I wanted you to know what was happening out on the "front lines" and that this kind of treatment of your customers is inexcusable. I can understand one rescheduling, with priority given to that person. But to be put at the bottom of the list a 2nd time is wrong. Furthermore, to not offer any kind of discount for the trouble is not customer-friendly at all.
I will be taking my business elsewhere - both for repairs and purchase of new appliances. We may even go elsewhere for our portraits. I have never been treated so cavalierly by a company before. A customer's time and loyalty is worth something - perhaps you may think in the future to do something about it.

3 comments:

  1. Don't even get me started on Sears Home Repair. We had a very similar experience last autumn with our old dishwasher. Isaac who never gets mad or upset, called and let them have it. I was proud! Usually he makes me do that stuff (because I am better at being mad at people I guess?! Haha, that doesn't say good things about me. No, I verbalize it better I think). Anyway, they were jerks to say the least, when the repairman finally showed up weeks later we were hesitant to let him in the house he was so creepy. And didn't fix a thing. Needless to say when we bought our new dishwasher (because he made it worse than it was before, so it was making my dishes even dirtier) we did not go through Sears.
    And we went there for portraits twice. However, for the exact same price (I usually spend $10 on photos with no sitting fee) we can go to a place with better quality portraits and prints. There's no benefit at all of going with Sears for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he left some nasty thing that he pulled out of some hose in the dishwasher on my countertop, and peed in our toilet and did not flush!!!! RUDE!!!! Sorry, I got remembering that incident and it all came flooding back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for the record, don't even get me started on Sears. I won't even go in to Sears, let along shop there! Your posting and Rachael's comments just confirm everything I've ever said about Sears. I wonder how they stay in business.

    xo aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete