A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Kitchen Craziness

I was invited to a friend’s house for lunch today.  I made two quiches; one to take for the girls plus one for my boys left at home.  And Kaitlyn and I took a nice walk over and had a very nice visit spending the better part of the afternoon with friends.

DSCN2440

A funny story about preparing this quiche… I was preparing it this morning, standing at my stove cooking the onions and ham with my back door open.  Three of my kids were in the room with me and a couple of cats and there was general talking and running around the room.  Busy as usual.  All the sudden Tristan yells “There’s a…” at the same instant that I feel something feathery brush over my foot.  Those two things in the same instant made me yell at the top of my lungs “Wooo! Hooo!”  and I jumped.  I was actually relieved when Tristan’s sentence finished with the word “mouse”.  I thought it was one of those huge spiders that sometimes come in my back door but more often make it into my basement.  At any rate it wasn’t more than a second before one cat was on the job.  There was general scuffling around the kitchen with the excitement of the cat chasing the  mouse all over the place followed by the kids as he kept finding hiding places under the fridge or behind the flour barrel and Nathan yelling “Mouse!  A mouse!”  and Tristan getting kids and cats into the other room while I tried to get the mouse out the back door.   In the end I simply held the door open and that mouse scampered out of my crazy house all on his own.  Smart mouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment