We brought a picnic dinner of Teriyaki Chicken Salad Sandwiches with pineapple and mandarin oranges on homemade buns, grapes, carrots and lemonade.
For dessert there were brownies; yet another new recipe I’ve added to my collection. They were yummy.
Now I have to say that when they hand you that bundle of “sugar and spice” or “snakes and snails” in the hospital there are a few things omitted from both those lists. If they expanded on either list or somehow gave you a better glimpse into your future as they grow or to “life with a teenager” it would probably scare you to death. How many of us, no matter how prepared, really know what we are in for as parents? Plus it’s different with each child anyway! As I watched my 8 year old son I had one of those moments that went beyond the “snakes and snails”. Adding “BB Guns”, which was his favorite thing, to that list sort of scared me as I watched him lined up on the ground with all of the boys. I will say it was well regulated.
They received their instructions once again. Then I watched him load,
… aim and fire over and over again five times!
He was so proud of himself.
Then he got a chance to show us his Archery skills, something I am more familiar with and enjoy a lot. I used to shoot a bow and arrow with my Dad as a kid and then as a camp counselor for disabled children and adults I taught my campers archery at Camp Haccamo. Nobody else knew how and at the time I could still get a bulls eye!
Archery is not easy… but it is fun. Tristan is in the center with his ball cap.
Tristan managed to get close once. Then it was time for each Den to present their skit and sing songs.
How appropriate that he was the one that fainted!
We ended the evening stopping at the playground that was right next to the parking lot. It was a very nice evening and it is great that Tristan is having such an absolute blast.
















Seems like Lindsay and Tristan are both having fantastic weeks at camp! They will save these memories forever. : )
ReplyDelete