For whatever reason I am not being allowed to make comments on my own blog right now. Irritating! I’ve tried all week. So this is my response to my Aunt Barb on the chicken eggs.
My friend had hoped to become “the egg lady” as she puts it. But she’ll have to get a 4th chicken for that to happen she figured out. 21 eggs on average is just enough for them. She has kids, like I do, and I buy eggs in the “3 dozen” package but many times run out before my next grocery trip. Plus I think that since the eggs are there they take advantage of that. They are good food. She has promised me eggs when/if they get a fourth chicken so I will look forward to being a lucky recipient of fresh grass fed chicken eggs someday when that happens.
















Hi Heather! Thanks for this very personal response to my question about the eggs. (Sorry about Google - all things computer related can be frustrating at times, can't they??)
ReplyDeleteI figured that you can probably use a lot of eggs during the week - so I was hopeful that your friend had a few too many and you would get a few. I am most intrigued that you can have chickens where you live. It seems too urban. We had a neighbor that had a few chickens in their backyard for a very short time. (Definitely against all city ordinances!! I think the City of B'ham shut that down fairly quickly!) It was pretty strange to see them in the yard - but some of those chickens are so pretty.
I could suggest that you could get a few chickens yourself, but I don't really think you need or want to take on that responsiblity. Didn't you say that 3 chickens is the limit? let's campaign for allowing 4 chickens and you can benefit from your friend's chickens.
Looks like you had a fun & happy 4th of July!
(your children are so cute! I love to read your blog!)
xo aunt Barb