This morning we stopped at a Nature Preserve on our way to the YMCA from our morning drop off rounds. This is what we saw:
Lots of puddles and mud and if you look closely in the leaves…GREEN SHOOTS!
Admittedly, a pond:)
We didn’t see any fish or tadpoles here today.
Nathan did spot a squirrel and got quite excited.
Several turtles were out enjoying the rain showers with us.
Why is there a bucket on the tree? This is left from Maple Sugar Days last month and it is collecting sap. Last year we attended this event and it was great. We enjoyed a tour where we learned all about maple syrup and even tried different foods made with the sweet stuff. Some of the combinations were surprising and I came away thinking that EVERYTHING tastes better with maple syrup. Maple syrup hot dogs even??? They were fantastic!
Who do you suppose is boiling the sap to make maple syrup? Kaitlyn is sure this is left over from Halloween.
I am grateful to have the opportunity to “wonder” with my own children. There is a price paid by a mother, whether she chooses to stay home or go out of the house to work. Many women do not have a choice in the matter. I am thankful to have a choice, that my husband supports this choice and that we make it work together. To me, the cost of allowing someone else to raise my children is too great. Motherhood is beyond a full time job, it never lets up, there is little room for goofing up and there is no paycheck or pat on the back but it is fulfilling, wonderful and it brings me joy. I wouldn’t trade this time I have with my young children for anything. Not anything.
















No comments:
Post a Comment