A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Signs of Spring

Yesterday began the blessed season of spring.  I love springtime and look forward to its arrival each year.  The afternoon warmed pleasantly and it was time to get outside and clean up around the yard.  We were excited to feel the breeze on our bare arms, to hear the chirping and pecking of the resident birds in our trees and see signs of beautiful early spring everywhere.

DSCN8309

DSCN8310

DSCN8311

DSCN8315

DSCN8318

DSCN8317

DSCN8312

DSCN8313

The back yard is cleaned up and looks LOTS better.  My favorite new yard tool is a “shrub rake” purchased at my favorite store, Target, yesterday for $5.  It is a small rake and cleans out tough areas with ease.  AND the kids handle it pretty well although it’s handle is a little long for Kaitlyn.  I am so thankful for the season of spring; for the beauty of its sunrays and the renewal of life, for its sweet sounds of nature and earthy scents, for its mild breezes and plethora of color, for the perfume of lovely flowers unfolding around me.  I love springtime.                                               

It is a smile spreading upon the Earth.

DSCN8320                      “What about me?  Don’t I get to come outside too”?

No comments:

Post a Comment